Become a new member
Follow the steps below to join our club. New members are always welcome.
1. Come to a club meeting at the clubhouse at Noreuil Park on the first Monday of the month at 7:30pm from Feb – Dec (except for public holidays). You will need to complete a Mitta Mitta Canoe Club Membership Form and Canoe Victoria membership form in person, pay the applicable fees and arrange an club induction.
2. A session will be arranged at the meeting to show you around the club and a ‘Come and Try’ paddle will be arranged at our Parkland Lake venue. We highly recommend that all new members who have not previously paddled touring or racing kayaks participate in the beginner program run by the club.
- Ensure the security of the club facilities by always locking the doors
- Take care when using the facility to minimize any damage
- Always behave appropriately to others and to general public
- Always seek permission to use other member’s gear
- Ensure safety of yourself and others
- Participate in club events – either by competing or helping
- Participate in the cleaning roster
New members are required to:
- Perform a swimming competency test – 50 meters wearing a PFD
- Be instructed in capsize procedures and skill validated
- Be instructed on safeguarding equipment
Our safety policy also requires
- PFD’s must be used at training times for beginners, public sessions and all Victorian waters
- Pre-use check of boats must be carried out including inspection for flotation, loose screws, rudder condition
- Sunsmart guidelines should be followed
Online membership renewal is now available!
Existing club members can now renew their Mitta Mitta Canoe Club and Canoe Victoria Membership online in a few simple steps:
Follow the link below and complete an online membership renewal form. You can use your credit or debit card, PayPal or pay via direct deposit. Please note, there is a provision for social membership e.g. Brave Hearts on the Murray at the discretion of the MMCC executive. For more information please contact the club prior to registration.